About the Resident Program
Program begins September 7, 2021 and continues through August 26, 2022.
A 40 hour work week is required and residents receive paid time
off and holidays.
Residents are expected to be at CHC five days per week, at least
one evening per week until 6 p.m. at most clinics (please note that late
hours differ by clinic, but are no later than 7 p.m.) and a minimum of one
Saturday per month to meet the needs of our working clients.
A stipend of $50,000 is offered for the year.
The residency is a 12 month, full-time salaried position.
Residents enjoy the full and competitive benefit package of CHC
employees, including the following:
- Top-notch group medical, dental and health insurance
- Company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with substantial discretionary employer match and contribution
- Paid time off program
- Stipend to attend a national conference during residency
- License reimbursement benefit
- Wellness programs
- Supplemental vision, disability, accident and life insurance
Resident experience will
- Supervision (individual and group)
- Weekly didactic sessions
- Outpatient clinical treatment in the primary care clinic (32
- Training seminars and supervision (8 hours)
- Exposure to specialized settings, including shelter-based and
school-based work, are available at most sites and may be required.
- Training in the use of eClinical Works, CHC’s integrated
electronic health record, which allows access to clients’ medical, behavioral
health and dental records.
- Necessary supervised clinical experience to qualify to sit for the
EPPP and CT state exam for psychology licensure.
- Note: Psychologists must be
licensed to qualify for the National Health Service Corps loan forgiveness
programs. CHC is qualified as a site for this program for licensed
Unique resident experiences
at CHC include:
- Bi-weekly quality improvement seminars
- Opportunity to participate in research pending experience and project availability
- Development of supervision skills
- Telebehavioral Health
- Residents are encouraged to participate in new agency and departmental initiatives that drive quality and service to our clients, when available.
View our program data: Postdoctoral Residency Admissions, Support, and Initial Placement Data